Yes, Lufthansa does have a 24-hour cancellation policy. This is extremely helpful if you change your travel plans all of a sudden. With this customer-friendly policy, you can easily cancel your flight tickets and still qualify to get a full refund. Fully refundable ticket holders are exempted from any cancellation charges.
To know more about it, let’s go through the account that follows.
What is Lufthansa Cancellation Policy?
There are circumstances when you can get a full refund even on non-refundable tickets. Here, take a look at the conditions when you are eligible for a complete refund, apart from its 24-hour risk-free window –
- If you are denied boarding on a confirmed Lufthansa Airlines booking, you get a complete refund.
- If Lufthansa cancels a flight, you get a full refund. For this, you must raise a refund request online. Your flight ticket compensation will be processed only then.
- You get refund if there is a Lufthansa flight delay by more than –
- 2 hours (because of irregularity for more than a day before departure)
- 5 hours (caused by an irregularity on the departure day)
- A serious health issue or death allows a full refund. However, you have to submit proofs for the same.
- You can cancel your flight ticket booking with Lufthansa on –
- Official Website
- At the ticket counter
- To qualify for a complete refund, you must cancel your Lufthansa ticket booking within the required time. However, if you crossed the set timeline, you won’t be eligible to get a refund.
For more details, you can contact a customer service representative. If you want to know how to speak to a live person at Lufthansa Airlines, dial its official contact number, which is 1800 102 5838, thereafter –
- Carefully listen to IVR.
- Follow the prompts.
- A live representative will connect with you.
- Ask your queries, which the executive will address promptly.
- In various other circumstances, Lufthansa charges you a cancellation fee. It depends on the ticket type that you have.
- If you have booked your flight tickets from a third party, you must contact them directly for a refund.
Now, for better understanding, let’s take a look at the 24-hour cancellation policy of Lufthansa.
Lufthansa 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa has devised a smart cancellation policy for allowing you to cancel your flight ticket booking within 24 hours. Let’s take a look at it –
- As per Lufthansa Cancellation Policy, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for a complete refund.
- However, make sure that the flight for which you have booked tickets is scheduled after at least 7 days.
- This is applicable to all ticket types and non-refundable tickets are no exception.
- To get a full refund under the 14-hour cancellation rule of Lufthansa, you must fulfill all the conditions mentioned above. In case, you don’t fulfill either of these conditions, you won’t be counted eligible for a complete refund on your flight ticket booking.
- If you don’t meet both these conditions, you may not qualify for a full refund.
Therefore, you need not worry if you have to cancel your flight ticket booking with Lufthansa. And especially with its 24-hour cancellation policy, you are covered with a full refund.
You May Visit: