Booking a spot for a dog on your flight can sound alien to someone. But, now, it is possible to travel with pets because many airlines have their pet policies. In this post, you will read about Frontier Airlines’ pet policy for dog owners on the plane.
Read also: How to Claim to Get a Refund from Frontier Airlines?
- Pet Carrier Requirements: Buy an FAA-approved pet carrier for your dog, ventilated, leak-proof, and secure. The cage should not be large enough to create problems in fitting under the seat in front of you.
- Pet Fees: Frontier Airlines charges a non-refundable fee for travelling with pets in the cabin. You pay the fees during the booking process or later through customer service.
- Pet Size Restrictions: Only small dogs and cats can travel with their owners. Larger pets are transferred via Frontier Airlines’ cargo service.
- Number of Pets Allowed: It is essential to check the number of pets allowed in the cabin with the airline and make arrangements in advance. It is because the airlines have limits for pets.
- Age Restrictions: Owners of puppies and kittens below a certain age might drop the idea of taking their pets on a trip with them due to health concerns.
Frontier Airlines pet policies are subject to change over time. Therefore, I recommend visiting the official Frontier Airlines website or contacting customer service to get the most up-to-date information regarding their pet policy.
Also read: Everything You Need to Know About Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
There are some precautions that you should take when you are travelling with your sweet little dog with Frontier Airlines. First, consult your veterinarian to ensure your pet is fit for air travel and get any necessary vaccinations. Choose Frontier Airlines, which accommodates pets with appropriate travel regulations and restrictions. Opt for a well-ventilated and spacious airline-approved pet carrier, ensuring it complies with size and safety guidelines. Familiarise your pet with the carrier before the trip to reduce stress. Avoid feeding your dog a large meal before the flight, but provide water to keep him hydrated. Keep all required documents, including health certificates and identification tags, readily accessible, etc., according to Frontier Airlines pet policy. During the journey, stay calm to reassure your pet, and avoid opening the carrier until reaching your destination. If you follow all these steps, you will experience a comfy and peaceful travel with your dog. These steps also help in keeping your dog’s travel experience smooth.
Also read: Frontier Airlines Reservation Policy
Frontier Airlines had a PetSafe program for the pet owner to transport their pets as cargo. While in the cargo hold, Frontier Airlines takes measures to ensure the safety and well-being of pets. They require a sturdy, airline-approved pet carrier that provides sufficient ventilation and space for the animal to stand, turn around, and sit comfortably. Pets stay protected from extreme temperatures, and the cargo hold maintains a safe environment. Additionally, the airline’s staff knows how to handle animals with care. They complete the loading and unloading task with caution. However, Frontier Airlines’ pet policies and practices may change over time, so it’s essential to check with Frontier Airlines directly or refer to their current guidelines on transporting pets in cargo.
Read also: How to Check Your Frontier Airlines Flight Status
Staying in cargo without parents can be a stressful experience for pets. The absence of their familiar human companions can add to their anxiety during the journey. It’s generally better for pets to have their owners with them to provide comfort and reassurance during the flight.
When pets travel without their owners, they may not have someone familiar to look after them if they get scared, uncomfortable, or experience any health issues during the trip. Separation from their owners can increase stress and potentially affect their well-being.
It’s essential to take extra precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of the pet if flying in cargo without the owner is the only option. Read Frontier Airlines’ pet policy that ensures all necessary paperwork, such as health certificates and identification tags, is in order. Properly train and acclimate your pet to the travel carrier before the journey to reduce stress.
Before making any decision, consult a veterinarian to assess whether air travel is suitable for your pet’s breed, age, and health condition. They can guide how to make the trip as safe and comfortable as possible for your furry friend.
- Frontier Airlines Lost & Found Policy for your Luggage
- How Does the Frontier Airlines’ Name Change Policy Work?
- Frontier Airlines Baggage Allowance Policy & Fee
- Frontier Airlines Flight Change Policy: A Step-by-Step Guide 2023 to Change a Flight
- How Early Can You Complete Frontier