What is Adderall?
Adderall is an official brand name for combining central nervous system stimulants amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It’s a prescribed drug that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat ADHD (ADHD) and Narcolepsy.
Does Adderall result in hair loss?
Adderall can cause adverse negative effects. They may become more severe when used for a long time, and dependency.
Although it is typical to shed a bit of hair each day, specific Adderall side effects could result in loss of strands and hair loss. It could be:
- It is difficult to fall asleep or fall asleep. Insufficient sleep could cause hair loss.
- The loss of appetite can lead to weight loss. If you lose your need, you might develop a nutritional deficiency. This could lead to hair loss.
- Stress is increased. Cortisol is one of the hormones implicated in the stress response and fight or flight response. A rise in Cortisol levels in the blood can cause damage to hair follicles and cause hair loss.
- Skin itchy and rash. When your hair is dry, hair loss could result from excessive scratching. If you’re taking Adderall and experience irritation, rash, or itchy hives, contact your physician immediately. It could be an indication of a severe allergy.
Other Adderall adverse effects
Adderall can cause additional adverse effects in addition to hair loss that include:
- inexplicably shaking of a particular part of the body
- abdominal pain
- modifications in the sex drive or the ability
- painful menstrual cramps
- Dry mouth
- weight loss
A 2013 case study by Trusted Source also revealed some rare neuropsychiatric side-effects of Adderall like:
- mood alters
- aggressive behaviours
- worsening irritability
In at least one case, trichotillomania was also reported as a possible side consequence. Trichotillomania is a condition that causes irresistible urges to pull your hair out.
Severe side effects
Consult your physician immediately or seek medical emergency treatment if you experience some of the symptoms listed below taking Adderall:
- breath shortness
- quick or a pounding heartbeat
- trouble breathing
- chest pain
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- excessive tiredness
- trouble swallowing
- slow or hard speech
- motor or verbal
- Leg infirmity or the sensation of numbness
- lost of coordination
- teeth grinding
- anxious or anxiety or
- hostile or aggressive behaviour
- vision changes, and blurred vision
- pallor or blue colouration of fingernails or the toes
- discomfort, numbness, burning burning, or burning in the feet or hands
- unidentified, unsuspecting wounds that appear on the fingers or toes
- the blisters and peeling skin
- the swelling of the face, eyes, tongue, or throat
- voice hoarseness
Adderall is a powerful medication. Although it may help with ADHD or narcolepsy symptoms, it is possible to experience unpleasant adverse consequences.
As with all medicines, the doctor will monitor your health and reactions while taking the medication. Inform your physician about how the drug is affecting your health and inform them about any adverse reactions you’re experiencing.