You are processing your employee’s payroll calculations on the QuickBooks desktop. Suddenly, your workflow is prevented by QuickBooks Error 15101. Typically, when QuickBooks Desktop tries to download or update the most recent tax table, this error occurs. This pesky error often occurs when QuickBooks struggles to connect to the internet for those crucial updates. It’s critical to manage QuickBooks Error 15101 cautiously since it may prevent essential updates and risk financial data security in QuickBooks Desktop.
Here’s a complete, in-depth guide to fix this issue effectively so you can continue using the application seamlessly.
But at any point, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 for technical team assistance concerning the QuickBooks error 15241.
QuickBooks Error Code 15101 Frequently Occurs Due To following factors
Determining the potential cause of error is essential for resolving it. These are a few typical causes.
- QuickBooks is not configured to receive internet connection settings using Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Windows file issues lead to error 15101.
Recommended to read : How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
Ultimate Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101
Now that the causes have been identified Let’s address the quick fixes to resolve the 15101 error.
Solution 1: Quick Fix with Reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks on your computer.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Choose Properties and then click on Open File Location.
- Locate the Reboot.bat file, right-click it, and select Run as Administrator.
- A command prompt window scrolling QuickBooks files will appear on your screen.
- Don’t close this command window manually.
- The command prompt window will automatically close after the Reboot.bat file has completed fixing QuickBooks services.
- When it’s done, QuickBooks should be back on track. Open it and try rerunning payroll.
Proceed to the next solution if the error persists.
Solution 2: Make Internet Explorer the default web browser
- Open Internet Explorer, find the gear icon, or click “Tools.”
- Go to “Internet Options” and head to the “Programs” tab.
- Click the “Make Default button” to make Internet Explorer the default browser.
- Save your changes by hitting “OK.”
- If still the error is not solved. Move to the next solution.
Note – Before moving to the next, don’t forget to back up the company file to keep your data safe.
Solution 3 – Using Safe Mode to reinstall QuickBooks
- Restart your computer and tap the F8 key until the Safe Boot options are available.
- Choose Safe Mode and press Enter to start Windows in Safe Mode.
- Press Windows + R type appwiz.cpl, and hit Enter.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop by double-clicking it in the installed programs list.
- Go to the QuickBooks Product Download page and download the setup file.
- Double-click the downloaded file on the computer, then follow all the prompts on the screen.
- After completing the product registration process, update the QuickBooks payroll again.
Our experts have recommended the above-proven methods to fix QuickBooks Error 15101. If you took each procedure step-by-step, you could quickly solve this issue.
You can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to speak with a technical support staff member if you’re still having problems with the QB error 15101.
This blog is posted on www.postmyblogs.com