What is the difference between a dentist and a private dentist?

If you are looking for a dentist, you probably want to look for one who works with the NHS (National Health Service). There are two main types of NHS dentists: the general dentist, and the practice nurse. The general dentist performs simple procedures and provides you with basic treatments such as fillings, extractions, check-ups and cleanings. Your dentist may also give you advice about your dental care. You can ask your dentist for general information about your teeth and mouth, and they can suggest any additional tests or treatment if you are worried.

A practice nurse is someone who has passed a special qualification that allows him/her to diagnose and treat minor illnesses and injuries to your mouth and body. They private dentist might give you a basic check-up, clean your teeth, or refer you to another member of staff. A practice nurse doesn’t carry out complicated operations on your teeth or do anything that your general dentist would normally do.

If you are looking for a dentist in your local area, you can search online for dentists, or you can talk to your GP (general practitioner) or your school nurse.

You can find information about the NHS (National Health Service) on the NHS website. Alternatively you can also ask your general dentist or your GP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *