Throughout the years, massages have been very effective in helping individuals relieve their stress after a long and tiring day. This is why it is often opted by individuals of all ages for reducing any body pain, muscle soreness, or just general stress and tension. It is also believed to be great for improving blood circulation in the body and giving them a boost of energy.
But no massage is as effective as an Ayurvedic massage, this is one big reason why individuals around the world go for routine massages of Ayurveda Panchakarma. Moreover, in Ayurveda, it is always recommended that subtle therapies like pranayama, yoga, and meditation are effective means of relieving stress by breaking the regular everyday cycle of life.
In the past few years, our lives have become way more busy and stressful than before as a result of which it has resulted in several health issues related to stress. Due to this change, health practitioners have been suggesting individuals incorporate the different health practices and routines of Ayurveda in order to cope with this problem. There are different studies of Ayurveda that suggest resetting the nervous system through Ayurvedic practices is very much effective in cultivating a healthier physiological response to solve problems of stress.
Ayurvedic massages are very much subjective and they are determined based on the needs and requirements of an individual, this is one big reason why individuals around the world can be seen searching for “Ayurvedic massage near me” on the internet. The therapy is done by skilled professionals who have the right knowledge of Ayurveda, they are called a masseuse if female and a masseur if male. With their years of experience, they acquire all the knowledge about the vital points in a body with the help of which they focus on applying the correct amount of pressure.
During massage therapy, they use special Ayurvedic oils and different massage techniques which can include kneading, squeezing, tapping, or massage strokes. The pace of these massage movements is based on the needs of the individuals. As far as the ambiance, the room where the service takes place always has a strong aroma of a soothing fragrance which helps in rejuvenating the mood of an individual.
How Can An Ayurvedic Massage Positively Affect Your Body?
The main focus of a Panchakarma Ayurvedic massage is to make an individual feel relaxed and rejuvenated while repairing their inner soul. Ayurvedic massages have many positive effects on the health of an individual, this is why it is suggested that all individuals have an Ayurvedic massage every month. Some of the miraculous health benefits of an Ayurvedic massage are listed below.
- Ayurvedic massage works effectively in reducing the stress level in the human body and also lowers levels of blood pressure.
- One can feel highly energized after an Ayurvedic massage.
- Dryness, roughness, or cracking of the skin can be healed with the help of Ayurveda.
- An Ayurvedic Panchakarma massage can relieve chronic back pain and increase body flexibility by relieving joint pains.
- It can help in reducing fat tissue and toning muscle thus resulting in weight loss and increased physical strength.
- Ayurvedic massage is also great for relieving stress and improving the sleep cycle.
What Are The Different Messages In Ayurveda?
Ayurveda deals with treating an individual through different massages which use a combination of aromatic oil and various hand movements like pressures and vibrations. Although at first glance it may seem that all Ayurvedic massages are the same there are various types of massages in Ayurveda. Some of these are listed below.
- Njavarkijhi – This massage works on boosting the process of perspiration in the body. In this message, medicated oil is applied by a pressurized massage, and this is performed in many parts of Kerala. The whole process is done with the help of cotton blouses which are filled with cooked rice commonly known as njavara. Moreover, it is very beneficial for revitalizing the skin.
- Pizhichil – In this procedure, warm oil commonly known as kindi is placed on the body, this oil is very effective for soothing the nerves of the individual. It can also be very beneficial for individuals who are suffering from body stiffness, fractures, paralysis, or paraplegia.
- Udvartana – This massage is great for individuals who are suffering from health conditions like high cholesterol levels or obesity. Udvartana is very much effective in enhancing blood circulation and releasing toxins from the body. During this process, a paste or dried powder of herbs is applied in the opposite direction of hair growth which results in the breaking down of the adipose tissues present in the body.
- Garshana – This massage is a bit different from other Ayurvedic massages as there is no involvement of oil or herbal powder in this process. During this Ayurvedic Panchakarma massage, a raw silk glove is used for stimulating the body without any involvement of lubricants. Light hand movement of the masseuse/ masseur helps in stimulating the lymphatic system and resulting in releasing toxins from the body.
An Ayurvedic massage is very much beneficial for solving both physical and mental health problems in an individual. There are many different types of massages in Ayurveda, and all of them serve different purposes. If an individual is looking to get an Ayurvedic massage then they can simply search “Ayurvedic massage near me” on the internet and find which one fits well with their needs.